Lonely

Hi Honeybee, I’m just hoping you are feeling better today than you were a few days ago. You’re never going to feel good because you are always going to miss Andy, so the best you can expect is to feel better.
Unfortunately bad days will continue to upset you but soon you should have more better days than bad days. You are at the same stage on this grief journey as me and I am also experiencing bad days and better days but others much further on this grief journey do try to reassure us that the pain will gradually become less.
Take care, AL x

Seems we have to be patient. Takes some doing when it’s not one of our virtues! X

Thanks Al, Yes, My wife was not one to put off what could be done now. She told me that many times. She liked her home to be orderly and neat - she always went out her way to make sure what needed to be done that day was done – guess I took on after that. (That doesn’t mean I didn’t do my part - she was just that way). Her mother was that way too. In fact when I first met her, she lived in the same building as her - her mother actually owned the building. I pitched in with repairing and /or fixing things because I really appreciated that they accepted me in their family. Now, they are all gone, but I still remember them all.
We had fun and we had ups and downs — I loved them all and I miss the m all.
Kind thoughts to you,

Herb
Her

Hi Al, thank you so much for checking on me and I do feel a bit better, I think Andy has been checking on me too I have a beautiful butterfly :butterfly: that keeps flying at the window and it was even at the bus stop the other day and I had just said to my daughter I hadn’t seen Andys butterfly today and she looked at the wall and there he was, hope you are keeping well, much love xx

Hi Honeybee, I’m glad Andy is checking on you and when the butterflies disappear for the winter he will find other ways to give you signs. Not sure what, but you will recognise them.
Take care, AL x

Pattydot, you’re always welcome to join us – encouraging each other and hearing how we are coping
is a way to help each other in moving thru these difficult times. It helps.
Herb

bjane, Sometimes we have to either lean or relearn things to help us cope. Sure, I get days when I feel lost and alone, but this seems to get my mind off of those times. Just thought this might help.
Herb

Hello Herb thank you for those words of encouragement and they are very true. I meant to say earlier I was so pleased you managed to rescue all but one of your wife’s plants, if anything happened to me my family would do the same I love my plants! I do have a reputation for embarrassing them by taking cuttings anywhere and everywhere and I often discover that they have vanished ! Take care x

My wife did the same thing - take small clippings and care for them till they literally take up much room. I do this for her - she was that way with plants. I feel sad about this but am trying to keep them alive and flourishing really do not what else I can do - but respect what she would do either way. Thank you!
Herb

Sounds like your wife was green fingered and she would be so pleased that you’re caring for her plants for her. Once in the Tate Modern I just realised in time that a rather inviting looking plant was part of an exhibit! Keep up the watering! x