Lonely

How do I start with this emptiness and loneliness 5 weeks since Jane died got to wait 2 months for counselling says cruise I just feel so alone doct gave me sleeping pills just don’t know what to do can’t make decisions on my own or do nothing so advice would be very welcome I know you are all suffering to this is a god save website take care all x

2 Likes

Hi, and very sorry for your loss … I am 6 months down this path that none of us want to travel … I find having a tv or radio on in the background …even if you don’t really listen to it … helps me. I don’t like sitting in a quiet room. I even set tv in bedroom to turn itself off and that helps me to drop off to sleep … staying asleep is another matter !!
And as for counselling 2 months is not too bad … my local cruse have told me 7 months for one to one counselling, though I can hopefully get into group conselling in the New Year. We will have to wait and see on that one.
Its not an easy road we travel, and I must admit some days or worse than others, but I try to take each day as it comes and just get through it the best way I can. Not helpful Im afraid, but it is the only way I can cope personally.
Hope you find your way of coping soon …take care

1 Like

Hi, I can totally relate to the emptiness and loneliness, mornings are the worst for me, waking up and the reality hitting like a tonne of bricks. It’s been 2 weeks for me. I can’t really give you much advice as such but you’re not alone in how you’re feeling. Is there a friend that can help you with making decisions? Make the most of peoples kindness through these terribly difficult times.

Thankyou so much we are all suffering hugs for you I not looking forward to Christmas this year not even putting Dec’s up take care of yourself xx

1 Like

Same here, I’ll probably be having a microwave meal for one this year. Hugs to you too. X

2 Likes

You are welcome to come to me we can have one each I’ll pick you up hugs.

Dont worry too much about xmas it will pass like other days and then a new year …we will never forget but we will go on.like everyone before ys who have lost…

1 Like