Lonely

Hi this is my first post I lost my partner aged 48 to a sudden heart attack in May I have 2 sons who keep me going my family and friends have been great support but I miss him so much and feel very lonely I am still in shock he was on medication only for 2 weeks and was told he might need a stent I Still cry nearly every day x

Hi Aries I know there are no words to help,just want you to know there are many on here including myself who understand how it feels,lost my husband suddenly too in March,he was 59,it’s good you have support from your family,but I know the feeling of heartache and loneliness,I get through one day at a time ,I never think of tomorrow,I too cry most days ,the odd day the tears don’t come,I just keep going best I can,as I know my hubby would want me too,I did find at the beginning I wasn’t eating much or sleeping much that has improved,best to look after yourself ,grief saps your energy,take care and keep posting how you feel,it helps to talk,there are lots of others on this site on the same journey,please never think you are alone x

Hello, just want to say I know how awful you are feeling. I lost my lovely husband on the 20 th July. Just maybe if we get things off our chests on this site we may help each other realise we are not alone and certainly not that different to everyone else posting in our grief and crying and feelings. Like you have said I too cry most days but I am trying hard not to get to the point I can’t stop as I end up feeling more desperate than ever. Some days I manage, hopefully the lovely memories of our life together will be just that, lovely and not something that feels like it’s killing me to remember. Love and hugs to you. Carol x

Hi I’m glad I found this forum I did counselling over the phone which helped a bit but nobody really understands what we really feel and go through so it’s good to be in touch with people in the same position

Christine x

Hi Christine
I lost my husband Carl on the 2nd July. Sudden heart attack in the gym. I cry most days too. It is a horrible path we are being forced to tread but at least we have this forum to share how we are feeling.
Lots of love xx

1 Like

I come on here every day for comfort … but I must be the most emotional person in the world … reading ur posts has me in tears … even tho I’m going through the same I can’t bare the pain. Ur all going through as well… it’s been 9 weeks for me and I cry myself to sleep every single night … I’m sat here now waiting for him to come home and he’s not … 36 years old how’s that fair … I’m so tired of being so sad …I know it sounds selfish but I can’t help but keep asking why me … why have me and my babies been left alone … I send a big hug to u all xxx

Hi everyone it was my partner’s birthday last week which was hard I’m dreading Christmas and New year sending hugs to you all.

Christine x

hi christine i lost my partner of 30 years 21 days ago not stopped crying since but was told cant have counselling for 3 months.??? what would i need to do to get help over the phone.col x

hi christine i lost my partner of 30 years 21 days ago not stopped crying since but was told cant have counselling for 3 months.??? what would i need to do to get help over the phone.col x

Hi col
There is online councilling on this site try and see if it helps.
Take care
William

1 Like

Hi
I’m so sorry for your loss.
I just try a day at a time and try not to look to far forward. Keep talking to anyone who will listen it will help.
William

Hi col
My partners work gave me a number to call have you thought of cruse.

Christine x

Hi Christine I absolutely can’t stand to think about Christmas… it’s my little boys birthday in 3 weeks then little girls in November then Christmas… all that without there daddy feels unbearable to me …

Hi Michelle
I am so sorry for your loss my boy’s are aged 17 and 24 and my partner was aged 48 you lost yours even younger and have a young family which is heart breaking I ask myself why us my son’s birthdays were both in July and I thought of James not being here i hope your getting a lot of support take care.

Christine x

My husband of 36yrs died on 28th July and I am struggling. I have been out a couple of evenings with friends but coming home to the empty house was awful. I have days when I tell myself I am doing better but not today. I want to remember when my husband was fit and well but I can’t seem to get past thinking about how he suffered and faded away. He was a handsome man but the cancer came in his face and was quite disfiguring, Nevertheless even with his bandaged face he carried bravely on. However for the last 4 weeks he was in a hospice and I can’t bear how he became so low. I had never seen him cry but he did towards the end, He had always been a private person who kept things to himself .but on one occasion he phoned me saying he just wanted to hear my voice and then started to cry. He was so brave but why did he have to shrinkto nothing and have to know he was dying but didn’t want to. I am crying writing this because I can’t bear thinking about the suffering.I keep thinking that if only I could think about the lovely life we had when he was well I might find it easier to move from this awful place I am in. Sorry for going on but having such a bad day .

Hi
I know it’s hard but try and think of the nice times you had people tell me that
Take care
Christine x

Ah thank u for reply Christine … I will do everything to make my kids happy now … everything is such a change and adjustment… my husband worked I didn’t the littlest was not in school … so now I will face the daunting prospect of benefits… until I’m strong enough to go back to work … my kids have never been spoiled but having to say no is hard … I just can’t do it anymore … your husband was young too … it’s just so sad all the time … sitting here alone every night I have to hide from my babies as they ask me why are u crying again mummy … your always so sad …TOria I remember you joining your husband passed just after mine … he too was a good looking boy lol …he sounds like the bravest Man U should be so proud xxxx thoughts are with u both

Hello Toria

I am so sorry for what you are going through and I feel your heartbreak. I too lost my wonderful husband on 29th July. He was in a hospice for the last days of his life and although I know logically that I did all that I could I constantly question myself if I could have done more. People tell me that I did all that I could possibly have done but these questions come into my mind all of the time. I try to think of the good times by looking at photos and while they give me some happy memories the make me cry too.

Like most people I have had difficult and painful times in my life but the pain of losing my soulmate is excruciating, I have never felt anything like it before I now know what it means to be truly heartbroken.

I need to see his face every day so I have put photos of him everywhere and when I go out I leave a radio on low so that the house doesn’t seem so silent when I come home. I try to remember how lucky I was to have him for 29 years and feel blessed for that. People tell me that in time I will learn to cope with the loss better even though the pain will not go away. Maybe we will learn to cope better in the future only time will tell.

Take care of yourself I’m thinking about you

Denise x

Thankyou so much Denise. We seem to be in the same place. If I go out I leave the tv on low. Like you I have had difficult times in my life but nothing prepared me for the total devastation of losing Peter. At the moment life seems to have no point. Love to you, and just keep going at your own pace. I have some moments when I don’t want to go on, but I think of my family and put the thought aside. Toria. x