Lonley

My sister wasn’t bad I was busy, but went back to work yesterday and had a really bad day really down couldn’t Stop thinking about my Janette, not got a lot of family really ugly and a couple of friends but can’t rely on them all the time really down yesterday bad day thought I got over Easter Janette passed in October terrible. Don’t know what to do with myself. Keep finding jobs to do to make myself busy.

1 Like

I think the loneliness is the worst thing ever for me Ann was with me for over 30 years and I don’t have any friends or family to help me with the grief and loneliness and anxiety and I don’t know if I can carry on with my life my only sister came to stay with me over Easter and now she’s gone home I am feeling so lonely again and I’m hating being on my own and I don’t know what to do. I think people saying that I’ll get used to being alone just don’t know what it’s like to lose someone who’s been with you for a long time

5 Likes

I am so very sorry. you may take up some activities to fill some time. time will help your loss. It is a long long long adjustment. :heart:

1 Like

I’ve been feeling really lonely too. I’ve volunteered to help various charities and events in my local area in an attempt to meet new people. My first event is this Sunday, I’m handing out bottles of water at the Brighton Marathon, feeling a bit nervous as I haven’t done anything like this before. Big hug xx

4 Likes

you will come home a bit happier and pleased with yourself. the brain needs social stimulation. fresh air and mingling.

3 Likes

Not everyone truly understands your situation or how you feel, only you.

2 Likes

You be fine! don’t worry

1 Like

I agree. Lonliness is the worse thing about bereavement. I do not like living on my own either. I was with my partner for 41 years. I have no family apart from two sisters who live too far away to visit. I know lots of people in the village where I live but not many friends - I do not get many visitors. I am sure everyone thinks I am managing. It has now been nearly 9 months. Some days I am feeling less lonely than other days but it can hit me at any time. I agree no-one knows what it is like losing someone who has been part of your life for so many years. Having said that I do think it will get easier if we give it time, but there are times when we will always feel lonely so you are not alone. Try to keep busy and focus your lonely thoughts on something else. I do Jigsaw Puzzles as they need a great deal of concentration.

3 Likes