Lonliness

Mimmi
Getting mixed up on this site hope you hat my last message Les49

I think he’s right

Thinking of you through these tough times.
I just come through what your what felt to me chaotic period
We’re with you
X

I too feel VERY angry. My wife passed away due a kidney stone that had migrated through to her intestines over a period of ten years. It also infected her lungs so surgery wasn’t an option. Such a pointless death. I miss her so badly and nothing fills my day any more. the future is just so empty without her that I doubt if I can face it. She’s being cremated next Tuesday morning and it seems she can’ t even have her wedding ring on. It feels like all she was is being wiped away, and it just isn’t fair.

1 Like

Les49

I did see your last message and I hope you don’t have to wait too long for the funeral. I know the waiting is so very hard.

Take care

Ian6

So very sorry for your loss. I’m sure everyone on this site will be wishing you all the best for Tuesday. It really isn’t easy.

Terry01
Thankyou its very much appreciated Les49

Thank you all for your kind words and understanding.

Mimmi
Thankyou ,at least I’ll have some idea.

OMG Ian so sorry to hear this mate how on earth could that be a thing?
All from a kidney stone? Thoughts are with you

People talk about a merciful god, well he aint done me any favours. If he exists then he has no passion, understanding or care. He took my wife for nothing.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear - a kidney stone. No words.

My partner was cremated with her favourite rings and jewellery - doesn’t sound right.

Stay strong - there’s no real advice anyone can give or words, life is just cruel

The reason for ‘No rings etc’ is because after cremation it seems all metal is removed from the ashes. As I don’t want someone else having my wife’s rings I shall wear them on a chain round my neck and keep her close that way.
I agree life is cruel when the love of your life can’t share it.

1 Like

I asked them to leave her jewellery on for the cremation and was told that was fine.

I would have logically thought the extreme temperatures would have melted all the metal (there weren’t any hard stones as part of the jewellery chosen for her to wear) along with the brass handles etc on the casket itself

No one said anything to me about removing it either before or after from the ashes - hope they didn’t

Ian6

I was told the same as you and I wear my husbands wedding ring on a chain round my neck. It brings me comfort.

1 Like

I wear my wife’s ring on my watch strap where I can see it. X

1 Like

Sorry to say, but it seems that’s standard practice after all cremations. The coffin handles are metal and anything else that’s metal is all removed before the ashes are placed in a pot for the next of kin. Bad news i know, but the truth none the less.

1 Like

I hope it gets easier for you Mimi we all cope in different ways to this horrible journey we are on .I had no idea about it before really and don’t think I will ever get over it.

1 Like

LyndaK

Thank you

Les49

Not heard from you for a few days. I hope you are ok and have been able to begin the funeral process.

Take care