Looking for a friend in grief

Lost to cancer the only men I ever loved…
It’s been 2.5month.
I don’t know how anyone can do this.
I tried therapy,medication,talking to family and friends.nothing seems to be working.I need to find a friend who goes thru greif like me so somebody would understands how it feels like.
I think it would help to meet for a coffee or a drink…
I live in London

3 Likes

Hi @Oxana

I am truly sorry the person you loved has died.

I wanted to let you know that you are not alone in your feelings of deep grief. You will find that everyone on this site understands how you feel and the people I’ve chatted to on here, and those who I’ve spoken to via online meetings, are saviours and have helped me every step along the way.

My husband, Chris, died 14 months ago. He was my greatest love and best friend for 28 years. I miss him to the very depths of my soul.

Wishing you moments of peace xx

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words needed.
All the stories and lifes here very sad and inique and it’s warming to know yoy are not alone.
I’d like to find somebody who like to go out of the house from time to time to have a conversation face to face.
I have no kids so nothing to keep me going but work and the basic things that needs to be done
Hugs
X

1 Like

I am so sorry honey, i think maybe we’re going through very similar things. Unfortunately, i live at the other end of the country, northern Scotland, but am here to talk, privately if you like. I lost the love of my life 6 mths ago, he was just 54. We have no children, no family, and no close friends. It was only ever us and our dogs. Things have been absolutely brutal, each day has been like learning to walk again, and remembering to breathe. On top of the crushing grief, is the practicality of having to do everything alone now, it isn’t easy. Please talk if you need to, one thing i have realised on here, is that so many are going through such heartache, you may very well find little snippets to get you through the day​:people_hugging::heartpulse::heartpulse:. Elizabeth x

2 Likes

Hi Oxana

Lost my wife 4 months ago to cancer. I am in Warrington so a bit far for a coffee - if you want to whatsapp me I am mostly about. Just message me if this is something you would like? - no worries if you dont, I understand - but know how your feeling atm…simon

1 Like

It really is so hard trying to do things, when all you want is your partner back

1 Like

Sorry I don’t live close but here if you would like a chat x

1 Like

Sorry for your loss it’s the hardest thing ever

1 Like

Thank you :sparkling_heart: xxx

Hi Simon,
Very sorry you had to go through same horror of losing…
How long have you beenn together?do yoy have children?
I think a whatsapp is a great idia but maybe a group chat of some sort if somebody else is interested?
Hope you’ll have a good night sleep if it’s at all possible
Oxana

1 Like

I think that’s a great idea Oxana. Finding people to talk to, or even meet to talk, is really difficult, whether you’re in a city or very rural, it’s difficult. I know personally, i feel very alone and isolated being in a rural location, and that suddenly brings huge new challenges you don’t see coming, that other pair of hands to help . Would be nice to have close contact with those who really understand xx

I would love to join a group chat I live in Whiston near St Helens.sometimes you just want to speak to someone who has suffered as you have xx

1 Like