loosing a beloved husband

Christine I feel your grief because like you I was married 51 yrs and on my own
It is going be a year in two days time so dreading it, but can I say and you probably don’t believe me at this very moment but the waves of grief take a bit longer not like you every minute
The pain will never go but it will ease somewhat. If it’s possible please take yourself out for a walk as it helped me not only not being indoors on my own but in your own thoughts while you walk
Please please keep talking to us we understand the pain and agony of this grief x

Everything was made worse only went for a hospital check up 2 weeks ago and contacted covid,felt so poorly still left with an awful cough.Steve would be so upset for me I had looked after us both so well during covid.I have tried going out to the shop when my daughter visited but I feel like I’ve aged 10years feel fragile keep breaking down,I was always active before losing SteveI know he wouldn’t like to see me like this lost so much weight x

Hi Barbara, like you in two days it will be a year since Ray passed away after 51 yrs of marriage the loneliness is the worse and again like you I get out for a walk ,it does help for us but I know it’s not for everyone
Wish we could all get together and give each other a hug
Keep in touch x

1 Like

Christine I’m so sorry lost my husband 1year ago it’s a horrible time try to to think off good memories a know it’s hard but good memories keep me going lv annie. X x

Thanks Annie,it’s the most painful thing I have ever felt,when Steve passed away my heart went with him,things are getting worse miss him so much my heart aches x

2 Likes

Hi Christine I know how you feel I lost my husband in August and just can’t get over it. Everyday I just cry and cry he’s on my mind all the time and I go up cemetery just to talk to him and tell him to come home I know he can’t. The day he went was the day my life changed forever . I hate my life now and just wish I could be with him again I know he wouldn’t want me to be like this but I can’t help it. We was together for nearly 30 years and was together 24/7 so it very hard being alone I have no family so I’m all alone with just my 2 dogs who keep me going else I would give up my heart is broken :broken_heart::cry:

1 Like

Misprint,when Steve passed away in September I couldn’t get my head around it,we were married 51yrs, so young when we got together.I could not believe he was gone,I find now every day is getting harder as I realise he is not coming back,it’s heartbreaking to lose the love of our lives, best friends,our main support,don’t know how to carry on.
At least on this site we know this raw painful grief is shared by many others.

Look after yourself, Christine x
I

Hi Christine we have a lot in common being married 51 yrs and they were love of our lives
Keep chatting as we are all in this boat even if it gets rocky at times
Love Carol x

Thank you Carol,yes it does help talking on here

Christine x

It’s been 7 weeks now since my lovely husband passed away and I have really struggled this week,breaking down the grief is so painful,I know every day is awf
ul but it’s getting even worse,people say it gets better in time,doubt very much they have lost a wonderful husband and my best friend

Hugs to everyone going through this heartbreak

Christine x

1 Like

Hi Christine
It is 7 months and 1 week since my dearest husband passed away, I am still deep in grieve. it does not get easier. I have counselling every week it does not help I pray that I will join him very soon Aisha

No one understands this grief unless they gave gone through the loss we have,it’s the most painful thing ever its sohard to believe they are not coming back,so unexpected making our plans to get through winter,miss Steve so much.

Take care Aisha

Christine x

Dear Christine
Each one of us have deep close relationships with our dear husband. For my part we were inseparable for 49 years. I cannot see how I can survive. I have taken time planning my departure with a funeral director as my dearest left so un-expectably Half of me have gone nothing left but just planning
Aisha

So much love that’s why we have so much grief,we were married for 51yrs so young when we got together,never imagined being without him.Hope he comes for me when it’s my time,this I would look forward to.

Christine x

Dear Christine
I feel the same and will never get over loosing him so suddenly

I lost my partner Linda 6 months ago too. I want to leave this life and it’s only fear of what’s beyond it stops me from making a serious suicide attempt. Sending you a virtual hug!

Hugh60 sorry for your loss its still early days I lost my husband in August I feel like you whats the point of living without my best friend but some one said to me that jim wouldn’t want me to do anything like that and deep down I know he wouldn’t want that either. And your Linda wouldn’t want you to do anything. Give yourself time and just get though each day that’s all I can manage at moment can’t think ahead and not looking forward to Xmas on my own x

1 Like

Oh yes I’ll never try to kill myself. Like you not looking forward to Xmas alone. I’m on Universal credit now as I was her carer and have no income. I’m unfit for work but I’ve registered an interest with sue ryders befriending volunteer list so hope that works out.xx

Hiya lost my husband 1year ago I cry most days but not as much I have 2 children I have to live for you take care of yourself let grieve take it’s course lv annie

Thanks Annie, I’ve got a naughty cat called Cleo to look after so I’ll soldier on. :heart:X

1 Like