Loosing a child to suicide

Hi this is my 1st time using this site!

I lost my beautiful daughter to suicide 3 years ago libby was 18 .
alot has happened since then… i was living in ireland with my son who will be 21.

But im now back in the uk but my son has gone back ro ireland…i visit j alot but my health hasnt been good, but im getting better!

I feel very lost and alone even though my family are cloae by they are brilliant. But somedays i just cant cope with loosing my beautiful,bright and very funny little Libby.

I just want to curl up and be alone but i dont want to be alone…if you get what i mean.

So i thought it would be good ro try to reach out to others that may be going through the same.

Thamk you to anyone who reads my MSG XXX

5 Likes

Hi @Deborah5,
I just wanted to let you know, you are not alone. My own baby died in 2007 while I was still pregnant with him, so I will never see him smile, or hear him call me mom, & it’s a pain I know will always be with me. For any parent to loose a child is heartbreaking. Every anniversary of my baby’s death, I write to him, I find it quite therapeutic, but you do what works for you.
Sending hugs of support.

2 Likes

Hi pandaprincess

Thank you for sharing your story with me x
Its so hard ro know we wont ever hear our childrens voice or see them grow and achieve there goals in life :frowning: :disappointed:

I will definitely try to write to Libby thank you for your advise !

Hope your doing ok sending hugs back to you x

1 Like

So sorry for your loss :broken_heart: my wonderful eldest son died by suicide 5 years ago. I’m broken. I’m only still here because of my surviving 5 children. Msg me anytime if you want a chat x

2 Likes

Hi Mother

Thank you for your Msg x i can totaly understand how you feel. Ive been in such despair all weekend :weary: have felt so lost and completely heartbroken :broken_heart: im so sorry for your loss i will definitely msg you.

Dont forget to look after you ! Xx

Hi Deb bb hope your as well as you can be , my son age 33 committed suicide on the 26th April this year. I’m just in complete shock at the moment I’m dreading what comes after that . When I read your story I see it doesn’t get any easier. I feel like my heart has been cut in half . How have you got through the last 3 years . I’m on medication from the doctor which is suppressing my heartbreak but at some point I have to face up to what Callum has done . Can you give any advice thanks Nick

1 Like

Hi Nick x

Thank you for reading and responding to my MSG X

Firstly you’ve made one of the best moves right here…and you’ve reached out !!! Thats a mavise and brave step and i would definitely say to keep doing that!
Its not easy sometimes, it can be the hardest thing to do.

Im so sorry for the loss of your wonderful son
:broken_heart:
In my experience i was the same as you in complete shock literally until recently…i dont think it will ever get easier but what we do is learn to live differently :pensive:

I have always looked at libbys passing as she was very lost and sad and this was her way of finding peace…i won’t ever understand what has happened so i suppose i have tried to rationalise why this happened :broken_heart:

I was offered counselling very soon after libby passed and i grabbed it with open arms …as i knew i wasn’t goimg to cope…i honestly think if i didn’t i would be in a very different place right now.

So i would definitely advise taking all the help you can get!!!

And know that every day will be very different try to go with each day let your emotions be what they are that day…weather its you curl up on the sofa and cry or you find something to occupy your mind even for an hour and dont feel guilty for trying not to focus on callums passing in that moment.

Your mind and body needs a rest x
Also know callum wouldn’t want you too not live i always say Libby wouldn’t have wanted me to be sad and not live.

I still can’t look a baby photos of libby its just too painful even some days just thinking of my beautiful young lady :heart:

I could type for ever but if you would like to talk we can arrange that!

But for now i hope this may have helped even a little…please reach out dont be alone

Sending lots of hugs and support xxx

2 Likes

Hi my son daniel set himself free 4 years ago that nights plays over and over in my head and i fill the old me has gone and take things day by day its realy isnt easy but try and be kind to you i have to tell myself over and over that there was nothing i could have done xx

2 Likes