loosing a son

i lost my son who was 31 on 1st june and i am grieving alot

2 Likes

It is a long journey we are on,as nobody plans for their children to go before them. My son died on the 17th of July 2023, so it will be a year he is dead.He died of secondary bone cancer, all within 3months.Try to think of the good times, I had my son for 47 years you had yours for 31 years.It does not matter how old they are they are still our babies.Take care of yourself as it is early days yet.

2 Likes

Hello. I also lost my son recently, im just lost and just having trouble believing its true.
Here to talk if you would like

1 Like

I lost my son to cancer when he was 28.
I can’t speak to anyone as they would never understand how I feel.
I keep my grief to myself and everyone thinks I am coping well but I am constantly sad inside.

2 Likes

Yeah thats what im doing
Holding it all in.
Glad i found you all

2 Likes

New here. Don’t know what I should say
I lost my son he was 47. Brain cancer. I still can’t hold a conversation about him. I just cry. You must feel the same.
I smile. But it doesn’t come from my heart. I feel numb.
In the last 6 years I have lost so many people I don’t want to say. Day by day. Day by day. Prayers to help you. :pray:

2 Likes

I lost my son in March this year, four months ago, he was 50. I had him quite young so we grew up together in a way. His landlord found him after he couldn’t get hold of him on the phone. The police came to tell me. He had probably passed away 3 or 4 days before he was found but I didn’t even know he was ill. I’m still in shock, it keeps hitting me like a tsunami. I’m numb and on autopilot. One of my oldest friends said ‘well at least he wasn’t young, that would have been worse’, this from someone who was a professsional counsellor. He was my mothers eldest grandson, and she is distraught, I feel I am having to support everyone else at the moment. How do we all cope x

2 Likes

What does she mean he was not young,50 is young to die.even so he was your baby.My son was 47 when he died of secondary bone cancer,he was my baby.
Does she have children?if she does I pity them.

1 Like

He was still my beautiful baby. People say the most stupid things without thinking how hurtful they are.

3 Likes