Loosing both parents at a young age.

Hi, my mum recently passed from heart failure she was only 58. I lost my Dad 12 years ago to cancer and he was only 48. I feel so lost with no parents. Struggling to understand and cope with the loss of my Mum. I struggled when I lost Dad and have done since but now Mum’s gone too. I just don’t know how to cope.

1 Like

Hi @charlou,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about both your mum and dad, that must be incredibly difficult for you.

Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it :blue_heart:

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Please do take good care of yourself,
Becca

1 Like

Hope you don’t mind me messaging but I am in a very similar situation, lost my mum in 2014 and dad just before Christmas last year. I have no other family and find it tough. I’m hoping speaking to people on here will allow me to offer some kind of advice and help while also receiving the same.

Hi Charlou and Si4710,

I’m so sorry for your losses, it is horrendous to lose both parents and feel so alone in the world. I’m not as young as you, but I lost my dad in January 2021 and my mum in March, so I’d lost them both by the age of 45. I still feel that is far too young to be orphaned, so I can’t imagine how hard it is for the both of you.

I was especially close to my mum and we lived together and did everything together. I have been left totally devastated by the loss of my mum and, at times, have felt I’ve not wanted to carry on without her. I don’t have a family of my own, I have a brother, but he is busy with his own family and hasn’t been affected in the same way. However, I am still here (somehow) after over 4 months. I have found this site a comfort connecting with others in similar situations who are also grieving.

I just wanted to reach out and let you both know that you’re not alone and that there are people out there that understand and can truly empathise with you. Sending you love x

1 Like