Loosing dad

Lost dad 5 weeks today , he had psp a incurable disease that took everything, is mobility, speach etc had it since 2018 was cared for at home by mum and carers, im really struggling at moment as in one respect im glad hes gone as free from this awful disease and then im angry cause i wasn’t there when passed and had only seen him about a hour before and in my heart i knew he was dying just wasnt expecting that qiick and what makes it worse he died the day after my birthday. How do you get through this ?

1 Like

Hello @Rocky1,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your dad that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

I know how you feel, my dad died 4 weeks ago, on his birthday very suddenly and I am utterly heartbroken. I have so much guilt wondering if I should if made him go to the doctor, even though I joked to him a couple of weeks before he died to get himself a health MOT at his doctors but he told me he was fine. I have so many what ifs, but I know I have to try and find a way to get through this, but it’s tough I hope you have family and friends for support at this difficult time and let’s hope we can both see a way forward look after yourself.

Thankyou yes it is hard but hopefully we will get through it and hope you’ve got support your way to