Loosing Dad ❤️

Hi, I lost my dad suddenly in March due to a heart attack, I have been away for a while trying to forget about his passing and just arrived back home, it’s been really hard since coming home to process his passing as I’ve been running away from it for so long. Has any one got any tips or advice/ suggestions on how to keep going? My dad was my everything, my boss, my best friend. We worked together so my world is just shattered right now. If your reading this I’m also sorry for your loss xx

3 Likes

Dear @EmH18

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. The Community here is of great support as we all understand the pain of losing our loved ones.

You can connect with members here who have been in a similar situation as yourself by using the search bar above by typing the words Loss of a Parent.

There are a few resources by Sue Ryder that may be of help and support to you at this time.

• The self-help platform which has information, resources and advice to help you through your grief Grief Guide
  • Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS. This service is also useful for family and friends
  • Information on the Stages of Grief
  • Bereavement Information pages which can walk you through what you are going through
  • There is also a blog on Losing a Parent which may be of help and support to you.

There is also a very useful site called AtALoss which lists local bereavement support in your area, if you would like to meet others face-to-face. If you go to the AtALoss website and select your location, you can see what may be available in your area.

Grief is a rollercoaster ride of emotions with good days and bad days, it is hard. You need to take one day at a time, everyone’s grief journey is different.

Please continue to reach out and keep talking here. You are not alone, we are all here for you.

Take care.

Peppers xx

I lost my dad coming up 4 years September. My dad was my rock and hero and miss dad terribly. I felt the first couple of years was coping reasonably but woul say last year been bad and suffered alot more low moods been on sertaline for nearly 4 years .But i try my best and doing a bit better now my advice would be make sure you sleep enough have a daily focus walk on daily bases listen to music or podcast i believe its helping me now and look after yourself put yourself first and your dad will guide you through your harder days

I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. Thank you for your comment, thanks you for the advice. It’s so hard for every one every one has suffered a terrible loss but there is no loss like loosing your father he’s your first love.
I’m sending you lots of love xx

1 Like

Thank you its been shit year my wife had a misscarriage last year am glad have young daughter keeps me going just flick of switch life changes and need to jump over more hurdles

Take everyday as it comes.
After every storm there is a rainbow. Your daughter will be your rock during hard times x

I’m sorry for your loss. I had an amazing relationship with my dad as well. He was involved in everything I did and I did almost anything I could to just be around him. I was the definition of a daddy’s girl. My mom said i was just the female version of my dad and that she gave birth to him lol. He got very sick out of no where in November 2021 and died 5 days before Christmas in 2022. I’ve been running away from truly accepting this loss. So I’m still struggling every single day. I’m told time will make it easier but it’s almost been two years and it’s not been easier. He died during the most pivotal point in my life and i wish so badly to talk to him. I’m not in therapy I’m looking for a new therapist but I found journaling (which i hate) to be helpful. I didn’t like it at first but when I’m so overwhelmed and can’t stop crying i just write down exactly what I’m thinking. It’s helped me as I’ve gone back and read them after a year to see I’ve actually made a small amount of progress. It helps when you’re overwhelmed or feel like you can’t express to a loved one how you’re feeling. I hope this helps :heart: I’m so so sorry about you loss, it’s oddly comforting to know that I’m not the only one who had a dad who was basically their first love. How blessed are we :heart::heart::heart: @EmH18