Loosing my 4 year old daughter.

Hey everyone,

Only 32 days ago I lost my beautiful daughter who was only 4 to a terminal brain tumour. I can’t stop crying. I’ve been told to carry on as she would want me to and she is no longer in any pain.

I can’t carry on…I don’t want to. I’m lost. She saved me four and a half years ago as I was in a very dark place with my mental health. Now I feel I’m back there again.

My other 3 older children are carrying on with there lives, which I really want them to. My husband is back in work…I’m alone both physical and mentally.

I don’t want to carry on like this…I’m lost and broken :broken_heart:

5 Likes

Hello @Gingerbread2022

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter. I’m hearing how painful this is and I want you to know that you’re not alone. There’s always someone out there to help you through this. We know that a lot of people experience suicidal thoughts during their grief journey. We have a video about it here which you might find helpful:

https://griefguide.sueryder.org/support/suicide

If you do feel these suicidal thoughts or feelings get too much, you can reach out to one of the following organisations who are always just a call or text away anytime you would like someone to talk to:

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
  • You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline here.
  • If you’re worried you’re going to hurt yourself, please call 999 or go to your nearest A&E.

We have members who have experienced the devastating loss of a child and will understand some of what you are going through. Please do keep reaching out here. You might also want to contact these organisations.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304.

You deserve this support, keep reaching out.

Take care,

Seaneen

Hi gingerbread I’m so sorry for the loss of your daughter bless you it’s so hard the early days and all the pain and heartache and thought s are so exhausting and draining it’s a year on the 26 Jan that I lost my daughter Leah she was 25 when she passed to breast cancer which then spread to her liver very aggressively she died 3 days after her son’s 3rd birthday I to thought I couldn’t go on and still now I find it a struggle to do all the normal things sometimes I don’t want to wake up and think it would be easier to be with her but I have other daughters and a brood of grandkids which I would miss dearly it’s very early days for you love don’t be hard on yourself your emotions are very normal keep coming on here and pour your heart out to people on here that’s what we are all in here for. Message me whenever you want. Take care. Shellyanne XX :heart: