Loosing my beautiful daughter

I lost my daughter April the 5 this year, she had full bodied cerebral palsy aged 23. She was my life.
Now I’m lost, I have to carry on as I have 2 sons but I don’t even want to get up on a morning. I thought I had prepared myself for her death but I was so wrong.

2 Likes

Hello Leajade,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your daughter. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to contact The Compassionate Friends who offer support for families who have lost a child of any age. 0345 123 2304 https://www.tcf.org.uk/

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.
Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi

1 Like

I don’t think we can prepare for a death, because we don’t realise how utterly devastating it’s going to be. And it is. Your life has now changed beyond recognition You have lost your purpose and it takes a long time to find a different way through life, without that loved one, in this case, your child, one of the saddest things imaginable.

1 Like

Hi,
Loosing a child, & especially so young is the worst pain ever, my baby died some years ago while I was still pregnant with him, all I can say is breath, take it one day at a time, I can say from experience it’s the looking too far ahead that tends to overwhelm you. When my baby died, my grief felt like I had a backpack full of rocks, it was very heavy, but over time, it’s like the rocks shrank, & though I was, & still am carrying the weight of my grief, it’s a more manageable weight now, & weirdly comforting that it’s there, without it there would just be nothing.

2 Likes

AngalinaH thank you for your reply, I’ve found myself trying to keep busy & taking it a day at a time but as soon as I stop the tears just flow.

1 Like

Pandaprincess
Hi I’m sorry for your loss, your advice is really helpful, each day brings a new challenges, I’m still in the process of processing. I’m now at the guilt stage (I could have done more etc) I’m also angry & asking myself why me! Life can be so cruel but I’m so great full for the time we had together she is the reason I’m who I am today. Thank you again

2 Likes