Loosing my Dad

Hi i lost my Dad 3 months ago and struggling at the moment. I’ve just gone back to work and just feel very lost as there’s so much i want to tell him but can’t. I use to ring him everyday from work and now im back at work it brings back so many feelings. Work aren’t being great. Any advice would be appreciated

1 Like

Hello @Rubyg2971,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your dad that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi Ruby,

I lost my dad 3 months ago, but am not yet back in work. When I do, it will be on phased return. Is yours a phased return? The doctor actually ticks a box on the fit note to say that you are fit to work but only with adjustments eg reduced hours.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for messaging back. I work for a big national company so they do a “phased” return to work but feel very pressured as there using me to fill in the gaps on the department and wanting me to increase my hours every week
Also it wasn’t explained to me properly and haven’t even had a return to work or a proper catch up. I have been back 2 weeks and i’ve got a chest infection/flu and im worried about being off again. It’s also just brings everything back because it’s things like this i’d have rang my Dad about and told him. Doctor did offer phased return to work but thought I’d be ok.
Just really missing him.
Im sorry for your loss x

1 Like

Hi, I’m sorry that I can’t offer any advice about work as I’m signed off at the moment after losing my Mum (how can it be true, I can’t even believe I’m typing that!) just before Christmas. I just wanted to say that I 100% know what you mean about telling you Dad everything and missing him. My children aren’t well at the moment and my Mum would be the first I’d turn to and checking they were ok. The loss is desperate isn’t it. Missing our most cherished and loved of people hurts.

I’m sorry for your loss, I hope you feel better soon x

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. Bless you, it must be so hard having poorly children and going what you’re going through too. It is so hard because you want to tell them so much. Stay strong xx

2 Likes

Thank you xx Yes, we want to tell them everything don’t we. It’s so hard to deal with what we are going through, but we are doing it and we should feel proud of ourselves, the way our parents would. Sending you strength x

1 Like