Loosing my Mum

I’m new to the site and lost my my over a year ago and I really feel my grief is getting worse. I just can not cope. My mum was not ill she was my world, she was always there for me my biggest supporter even when I was wrong :smile: my mum went to sleep on a Friday night I spoke to her and we were laughing and joking on the phone. Then I got a call from a policeman to say she had passed away. I never even got to say goodbye or hug her.
I just can not cope and I feel like I’m numb all the time.

7 Likes

Hello @Tink2,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

I am going through this as well - my mum I was so close to even though we lived 130 miles apart - I spoke to her on the phone Thursday tried to contact her Sat couldn’t get through, police informed and she had passed away in her sleep. It was 5 weeks ago. At the beginning I was so busy reporting and organising funeral and emptying her house I was numb and couldn’t cry - I’m finding now that that’s done - it’s worse, she was my support and My 2nd home of 35 years - I have also lost that life as well. If anything happened at home I knew I could get in my car and no matter what drive to my mums :pensive:xx

2 Likes

Hello, sorry for the loss of your Mum. Unexpected death is so traumatic isn’t it? Brutal, devastating and shocking… My Mum collapsed on her driveway and died after going shopping, one evening in January. She wasn’t discovered until the following morning by her neighbour. By this time I was concerned as I hadn’t received an answer to a message I’d sent her. When I rang her landline a paramedic answered and told me she had passed away. The shock was just incredible and I went through the first few days afterwards in a daze. I’m still haunted by this awful ending for my lovely Mum. Although I wouldn’t have wanted a long lingering end for her, I wish I could have had the chance to say goodbye. Sending hugs, take care xx

4 Likes

Hi, I’m new to this too. I lost both my mum and dad within months of each other in 2021 but it still feels like yesterday. My mum was my world too, we spoke every day and saw each other at least once a week and had regular “girlie nights”, I just miss her so much. She just got ill a few weeks after my Dad passed and then it turned out to be Sepsis, but she was recovering from that and then got covid in hospital and after several weeks of battling she eventually lost her fight, she was in good health though prior to this and it was such a shock. Dad was also a victim of covid. We never got to say goodbye properly or have the usual funerals you would have. I just miss them so bad my heart just constantly feels like it is breaking. I do understand how you are feeling about your mum as I feel it too, take care xxxx

3 Likes