Loosing my partner

I lost my partner to lung cancer last week she was only 41 and healthy, from diagnosis to her passing was less than 8 weeks and im devastated, she would be 42 on the 24th july which is now when her funeral will take place, i thought we had more time everything is happening so quick its overwhelming

4 Likes

Hello Yvetted13

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community. I’m so sorry to hear about your partner. It sounds like it happened very fast and it’s normal to feel overwhelmed. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi

Such early days for you and you must still be in shock. That is no time at all between diagnosis and her passing. No time at all to adjust. I lost my partner in January, he died suddenly and unexpectedly, the early days were horrific and I would recommend you take it an hour at a time. Thinking any further ahead is overwhelming and heartbreaking.

I’m sure you will have very dark days but talk in here as we will know how you feel. Grief has no thought for anyone, it rips through you but I assure you the rawness you feel will ease and becomes manageable.

Take your time with everything and do what’s right for you.