loosing my partner

my partner passed away on the 1st December 2022 with overian cancer stage 4 i miss my partner millons the thing that upset me was the local hospital that took them till 7am to phone me the hospital phoned my partners mother at 4.30am by 5am it was too late the hospital didnt even phone me to come up and be beside her bed when she was deteriorating fast i just wish she was still with me she was a lovely lady with a good gold of heart she was looking forword to spending the rest of her life with me life doesnt feel the same for me anymore as my partners not here to talk too everyday and give cuddles i miss her smiles i have asperger syndrome and learning disabilitys i do struggle with things i feel i get ignored when i ask for some help with a bit of cooking or things need fixing

3 Likes

Hello @paulg ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you feel that life is not the same without your partner and you are struggling without her support. I’m so sorry to hear about your partner. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

thankyou for the information my partner has been gone now 1 year 2 months last time i saw her was 1 year 3 months my partner has got a son i am not his father i treat him like a son hes doing well hes in supported living i have all my partners things i have had people telling me to part with it everything is a memory of her to me i was with my partner 7 years we met though the undateables facebook at that time i was living in scotland i decided i wanted to spend my life with my partner we were supposed to get married last june but sadly my partner never got to see it we did get engaged in july 2022 my partner was looking forword to the wedding we were both shocked when my partner found out she had overian cancer stage 4 she did have carers coming in i remember the good times i had with her sometimes i can see images of her in my head been here and when we did things she liked having going on contact to see her son she last saw him halloween 2022 i wish she was still around to support me it breaks my heart that shes not here with me anymore people have asked me would i ever move on to someone else thats a hard question what ever happens i will always love my partner i have had to deal with things my self since i lost my partner i found some people not very supportive we did a go fund me for my partner and got a bench in her memory and also a tree in her memory too birthdays xmas etc very heartbreaking and lonely

1 Like

Sorry for your loss

There’s no easy answers and the new reality is a bitter pill to swallow
We have to just do the best we can.

Tree and bench solidifies her legacy and a place you can spend time with her

1 Like