Loosing my step mum

At the end of august i lost my step mum to cancer. For 7 years she had been fighting it. She was one of the bravest people i know.

When it was time. I sat by her bed and she smiled. I stayed with her while she slept and said goodbye before i slept.

I have alot of anger, guilt and saddness. She was like my best friend, my person who i could talk to about anything and i feel like i have let her down in alot of ways.

I just miss her so much, i wish i could hear her telling me to stop being daft :pensive:

My brain is just so blagh…

Dear @Baba1

Welcome to the Community, I apologise for the delay in responding to you. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your step mum. The emotions you are going through are all part of the grieving process and normal. Grief is a journey and not a race with a roller-coaster of emotions. You will have good days and bad days. All of which are normal. Grief is journey to be taken at your pace.

You have not let your step mum down at all. How caring and loving of you to be with your step mum when it was time. That is not easy for many people and your step mum would have been proud of you for being with her. What a wonderful relationship you both had.

You need to grieve and have time for you. You need to be gentle with yourself and take one day at a time. There is a useful Grief Guide that contains information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief.

You can connect with members here who have been in a similar situation as yourself by typing the topic in the search bar. We are all here for you, you are not alone, please continue to reach out and thank you for sharing your post with the Community.

Take care.

Pepsi