Loosing Ryan

It’s only been 4 days, funeral hasn’t even been arranged and I feel like I’m walking on air. Nothing feels real and then all of sudden it hits me, I cry and cry and then it stops and I feel like I’m in a dream again. I only got to spend 8 short years with ryan and his death was so quick. I don’t know what I’m suppose to do, I feel lost and my heart aches, it’s a pain I can’t even describe. I feel guilty about even trying to carry on without him, life is unfair, he was only 24 years old with the world at his fingertips

1 Like

Hi Lauren Louise, you are in shock, 4 days is no time at all, there is no easy way of getting through this, you have to take a day at a time, even an hour at a time, accept help when offered, be kind to yourself, hopefully this site will offer you support and help, sending love Jude xx

Laurenlouise So sorry for your loss. From my experience your emotions will be all over the place, I feel guilt though I have no reason to, then scared, anxious, lonely, stuff I have never encountered before. I am just managing to do things one day at a time which helps as otherwise I am overwhelmed with thoughts I can’t manage.
I have asked cruse for bereavement help and also my doctors have given me some kind of medication to help relax me, don’t know if these are an option. I also have reached out to friends, not something I usually do as I was a fairly sensible, self assured person, don’t know if you have that option?
I wish you the best and send my love to you
Joe x

1 Like