Losing a best friend

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on here.

About 3 months ago I lost a very close/best mate suddenly as he took his own life. Like myself he had been struggling with mental health, everyday we would chat about random things. Mainly about how funny school life was and our next theme park trip.

Even through it’s been 3 months I still feel like it’s my folt he did what he did. Like me he was struggling with mental health, like me he didn’t really talk about it. I was lucky as I have support from my university, I fell like I should have been their more for him. Since I’m having to move home in the next couple of months and having to pack it’s all spiked again seeing all my school stuff as we were in the same year.

Hello @elfontheshelf,

I’m so sorry to hear about your friend - that is devastating.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support. In the meantime, you might wish to take a look at the following websites and organisations offering support to people who have been bereaved by suicide.

You can also explore our Online Bereavement Support, where you find our Grief Guide self-help platform, our Grief Coach text support service, and how to access our Online Bereavement Counselling.

Do take care - keep reaching out,

Seaneen