losing a dad

I am not sure how to start this… I’ve always repressed my emotions, this is entirely new to me, I was 20 when I lost my dad, didn’t feel real to me… still doesn’t I guess, I feel lost… I feel alone, I lost my confidante, my Dad, my Protector. I’m not sure how to cope right now. I used to write down my feelings all the time, expressing the deep sorrow of my painful teenage years but this isn’t about that, this is about my Dad, he was the smartest person I’ve known, he’s wise, kind, tough lovin’ kind of dad… he will always be that in my memories I’m deeply spiritual and I know he’s there supporting my life choices. I miss his voice and his gruff laugh… the sarcastic comments at dinner… my dad was my best friend. I will forever miss him, xo Tori

1 Like

Hi, I love the picture you paint of your dad and I can see how much you loved him and miss him. I too believe there’s a sprite that is always around and will be there when we meet again. I hope writing about him has helped with your loss. Stay safe S xx

Hi hun
I’ve recently lost my dad and I’m right there with you it is so hard and heartbreaking. Kinda feels like a big part is ripped from your insides and buried deep enough you’ll never kind it . I also miss my dads voice and laughter and even his bollockings haha .
When we get told it will get better and the grief will be easier to manage I cannot imagine this getting any easier !!
I have no particular advice as I’m in the same boat but what I will say is YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Xxxx

1 Like

Hello mum2, I am sorry about your dad and your description is how many of us feel. The hole that is left doesn’t grow back but just gets covered over by new things happening in our life and somehow we get use to the lost. These special people never leave us, they are part of our being and some are very big. I hope you find comfort from knowing you are not alone because everyone on this site have lost someone special and knows the pain. Take things slow and be kind to yourself, just don’t expect to much to soon. Welcome. S xx

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xxx