Losing a daughter

My daughter passed away in October. Was sudden we had no goodbye, one day she was there that night gone at 39 she left 2 small kids. The hospital said she was still alive but when we got there she was dead . It was horrible to see her gray body . Why lie to us it’s not helped we just keep seeing her face
We have to wait until July to go to corona court
How do I cope I cry all the time I miss her so much

2 Likes

Hello @Kim11 ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your daughter. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi there I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I know how you feel I lost my daughter in November last year. It’s the worst thing that any parent can go through. Coping is not easy I. I live minute by minute hour by hour. I also get every bit of counselling that I can. There is quite a bit out there. God bless you

I lost my son Jan 2023 and I feel the pain every day. It’s a pain no one else understands unless they’ve gone through it too. The grief is all consuming.

We lost our beautiful daughter 2 weeks ago, she was only 40 and has 2 children 16 and 18.
She was told in 2022 that her cancer was curable, she went thru all the treatment without any complaints even though she had reason to, she was told in July 23 that she was in remission. Then things started going badly wrong and for 3 months of telling the macmillan nurse that something as wrong, they finally decided to do some scans. Found out in September 23 that the cancer treatment hadn’t worked and the cancer had spread. She went thru more drastic treatment for 2 months only to find something else had gone wrong and couldn’t have anymore treatment. She gave up all hope at that point in January 24.
She went into a hospice 2 weeks ago for end of life care and she passed away 9 days later.
She had a beautiful soul, always thought about other peoples feelings before her own.
I miss my beautiful girl sooo much. There are days when the tears seem to flow all day. There are days when I can just about manage a day without tears.
We are trying to help the children and her husband as much as we can, we are not
young anymore.
We looked after our daughter everyday from the moment she found out the cancer had returned. We are so tired but have to carrying on helping for her families sake, they are suffering to .

1 Like

Lost my daughter February 23 one day before her birthday still cry every day feel like i am just going through the motions of life .
Some days i jyst cant underst why the worl keeps turning without her. But i have to keep going and pretending all is ok for the rest of my family. Will it ever stop hurting i dont know one day at a time i keep telling myself sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.