Losing a dog

I’m struggling soo bad my dog died and I’ve got mental health he was there for me through thick n thin

1 Like

Dear @Chelsealouise1

Welcome to the Community. I am so sorry for the loss of your dog. The bond between an owner and a pet is very strong.

You need to take one day at a time. Do you have family or friends that can support you through your loss? You could make a memory book full of photos of your dog and this may help you with your mental health.

There is a Pet Bereavement and Pet Loss website which may be of help to you and it is the Bluecross. You will need to type in Pet Bereavement in their search bar and scroll down. You can also chat live to them on 0800 096 6606 from 8.30am - 8.30pm.

Please continue to reach out here and take care of yourself.

Pepsi

It’s really hard cos I’m in the same house of where he was lived with me for the past 10 years and I don’t know if I’m strong enough for me to do that yet

Dear @Chelsealouise1

You will know when the time is right to connect with people and do what you need to do to get you through this loss. There is no rush or pressure.

Please do not feel you are alone. We are here to support you and you can chat any time on here.

Please do take care of yourself.

Pepsi

Would you like to tell us about him? What breed was he? What was his favourite toy?

Would love to hear about him more when you feel up to it?

Hugs to you xx

2 Likes

Hello Chelsealouise1

I’m so very sorry for what you are going through. I didn’t realise the depth of pain after pet loss until I also experienced the same. If you type in the search bar “dog” on this forum you’ll be able to see posts from others who have gone through the same, and how they coped.

Don’t think how you can get through each day, hour by hour is enough.

Sending kindness

1 Like

It’s so hard I got mental health issues aswell xx

He was a gentleman , he was a staffie and a squeaky toys was his favourite toys, I’ve had 3 kids adopted aswell and I struggle with mental.health so my dog kept me going while I was going thru court proceedings and then lost it feels like I’ve lost my right arm :’(

2 Likes

Hi

I can understand how that makes it harder. I have anxiety/depression. We lost a German Shepherd in 2020. Dogs love unconditionally don’t they, they don’t have a hidden agenda and they don’t ask for anything in return. You are bound to feel bereft, it’s a huge thing to go through.

I hope there is someone to give you a bit of support or lend a listening ear whilst you are at your lowest.

There’s always plenty of people here to talk with.

Make sure you look after yourself x

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss. Dogs are the best. They are our best friends. I have lost my babies (my dogs) in the past and have struggled a lot. It’s not easy to cope. Please print a lot of his pictures and put up on walls everywhere so you can always see that cute face. Keep talking here. Talking helps. Take care.

1 Like

Thanks you hun

Thanks hun I’ve printed pictures off I even had his ashes come home xx

1 Like

Hiya,

Staffies just so loving and crazy (let’s not pretend they aren’t in the best way ever lol) and an old friend has two of them and they are so loyal to her.
The depth of your loss especially with everything else going on is beyond wicked and just so unfair.

What was his name? Are you able to get his ashes back?
Are you able to still go on a walk just to get out and get fresh air? I know it will be so hard but do you think you could get out even for 5 mins?

Suzanne x

His name was diesel and yeah I’ve got his ashes yeh I can go out but I just don’t n can’t day in the home were I brought him up in xx

1 Like

@Chelsealouise1
I’m sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs are such an amazing comfort. It’s heartbreaking when we lose them as they are part of the family. I don’t know if you’ve heard the poem Rainbow bridge. It’s a beautiful poem. I hope it helps you. I have put it in this message for you and hope it helps. Thinking of you at this hard time. Karen x

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together…

Thanks you love its soo hard