Losing a grandchild

Yesterday we lost our second grandchild, I say we my husband passed overt two years ago so I’m carrying this alone. Our first granddaughter was born sleeping in January 2021 at 20 weeks, our other daughter had our grandson a couple of days ago prematurely at 34 weeks, he died yesterday. I’m finding it hard to share my sadness as the girls dad is no longer here, I’m finding it even more upsetting because it’s like I’ve lost a piece of him all over again. Our poor girls have been through such losses, their Dad 2 1/2 years ago & now each a child. But today is also a happy day because the daughter who lost her child first is pregnant again & it’s her baby shower today. So we have to celebrate this joy for her even though it’s tinged with sadness for her sister who is still in hospital. I write as therapy & I can only share this poem on here, so I hope you don’t mind. Take care all of you coping with loss :heart:

Though only here for a little while
Before joining the angels above
When I first saw your beautiful face
You filled my heart with love.

Though I will never get to hold you
I will carry you within my heart
You’re now with baby Robin & Grandad
And we’ll never be far apart.

And your wonderful Mummy & Daddy
Their love will surround you forever
You’ll always feel them there with you
Their little boy, baby Alexander.

So fly high baby boy & shine bright
At night we’ll see your twinkling star
We will see you in sunshine & rainbows
We will always know where you are.

:heart:

5 Likes

Dear @Jodel712

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your 2nd grandchild. You have been through a lot the last couple of years. Through the sadness of your post, you are remaining positive with celebrating the baby shower today. I do hope this day goes well for all of you.

Writing is a wonderful therapy and your poem is beautiful. You have a gift for poetry and we the Community do not mind you sharing your poetry with us. Please continue to do so, you will be helping others at the same time.

Please continue to reach out. We are all here for you and your family.

Take care.

Pepsi

2 Likes

Jodel,
I’m so sad for you and your daughters to read of your painful experiences. I can only hope the love you all clearly share gives each of you strength and comfort. May your new grandchild provide you all with hope for the future. Sending you a big virtual hug.
JJBee

1 Like

I don’t pretend how you feel but I lost my granddaughter 2 years ago yesterday and the pain is still the same my love is to you stay strong for the rest of your journey in life ,

1 Like