Losing a loved one to addiction

Hi I appreciate this is a sensitive subject but is there anyone who has lost a loved one due to addiction?

:heart: Shaz xx

2 Likes

Hi Yes my son died from an overdose and subsequent brain haemmorage He died last September and i miss him dreadfully . I am so sorry for your losa . It does seem to be harder to talk about our boys as most addicts lead such complex lives. For me it has been very hard - lots of regrets and just deep sadness that they are taken leaving such a lot of complicated feelings ,One thing i do know is regardless of anything I love and always loved my boy and i miss him so much. I hope you have support around you and the family xxx

3 Likes

Hi Shaz, my partner died last Sunday with a massive brain bleed due to alcoholism.
The sadness and heartbreak it leaves behind is terrible!
I found him unconscious in bed Saturday morning znd he’d been sick and ingested sone of it, he never regsined consciousness and died the Sundsy morning. 39yrs old.

4 Likes

Curlygirl- so sorry to hear about your partner - a terrible shock for you to find him .i
You must still be in shock - i hope that you have the support you need - i remember the first few weeks were so strange a combination of shock, disbelief and pain. Sending my love.

1 Like

Hi Jenna, thankyou for your reply.
It was and the tears are still coming far too easily
I have a couple of friends that have been really supportive but its when I wake on a morning or come home from somewhere it hits.
Sending love to you also for your pain :heart:

3 Likes

It is very early days for you and you must be in some state of shock Just be kind to yourself and accept yourself exaxtly as you are. Do what you can and leave the rest , or feel ok if you do nothing. Sleep as much as u can and eat what you can .Surround yourself with your friends and take each day as it comes.Crying when you can is definately good for you. Sending love and strength.x

1 Like

Oh my gosh, your lovely kind message has brought tears . It feels a lonely place to be as you nay have experienced too.
Thankyou x

2 Likes