Losing a most precious person in my life.

Hi Duk45
It is very hard trying to get on with your live without your loved one
I do hope we can get past this and have some sort of live without them and be kind to are selves
Sending you a hug

2 Likes

Thank you very much for replying. Its very much appreciated and helps me a lot.:pray::pray:

1 Like

OMG…i can’t believe I’ve done this but booked a 4 night break to Portugal, where we always used to go. I just feel i have to go back just one last time!.. but I’ve got anxiety already and not going to Sept! My first solo trip… have i done the right thing :man_shrugging: i can do this :pray::pray::pray::pray:
I don’t think it’s the being there, it’s the travelling alone bit… which is mad as i used to be an air hostess!:rofl: what’s up with me!

2 Likes

You’ll be absolutely fine, @Sable , it will all come back to you as soon as the travelling begins. How exciting!

You will be fine, make new memories and vist places you havent seen. Join our solo holiday chat if you need any help or encouragement they will help you. X

Thanks for the encouragement :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: @Punto …where can i find the solo holiday chat ?? Is it on the Sue Ryder site??

Yes if you look at all the chats you will find one under losing a partner called solo holidays.

1 Like

@Punto …Brilliant! Thankyou SO much, this will help me loads xxxxxx

1 Like

@Sable well done you. A huge step on your new journey. I’m sure you will be fine and have a good time

1 Like

I hope you have a great time, im glad my post has helped you.

1 Like

@Punto @Stuandali @AKM
Just wondering how you’re all doing?? It’s now only 2weeks until my first solo trip :grimacing:… I’m :poop: it a bit i must admit… but can do it!
Do you still talk to your other halves? Jimmy’s the first person i say hello to in the morning and the last person at night. I tell him where I’m going and i still write in my journal to him. Sometimes i think I’m losing the plot :rofl::see_no_evil:… do you all do the same??? I’m sitting in the garden atm and the wind made the door creak, so immediately look up expecting him to walk through​:man_shrugging: am i normal :roll_eyes:?
It’s tough though isn’t it. My little moggy died too afew weeks back so even more lonely, but after I’m back from Portugal I’m going to get another 2 rescue cats to bring a bit of life back into the house.
It’d be lovely to hear how everyone is xxxxx

1 Like

I have had a bit of a set back as got diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago, already had the lumpectomy and 3 lymph nodes removed so just recovering, I’m hoping when the results come through in a few weeks its good news so I can book a christmas market break. You will enjoy your 1st holiday and I am sure you will want to book more. So sorry to hear about your cat but 2 new kittens will keep you busy. X

1 Like

Omg @Punto … that must have been a total shock for you! Hopefully it’s been caught early and you’ll make a full recovery. I hope you have loads of support while you’re recovering through this but always here if you need to chat.
Make sure you look after yourself :pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xxx

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Very Best wishes x

It was caught at an early stsge, but made me realise how lucky our partners were to have us look after them as I now have to do this alone, even with family and friend’s its not the same care I would have had from Rob. I’m doing ok. I just need the results to come back that they took it all and no more treatment. Guess the waiting is the longest and loneliest time I’ve had to endure for a while.

1 Like

Well… you’re not alone, we’re all here for you just remember that xxxx

1 Like

@Sable @Punto @AKM
Yes I talk to Alison every day. I wake up and kiss and hug a cushion with her photo and a wee poem on it. I tell her where I’m going, what I’m doing who I’m meeting etc. same last thing at night. I also light a candle every day when I get in from work and talk to her again. I walk to her memorial bench and sit and talk to her often too. All part of the healing process for me I think.

2 Likes

So sorry to read this @Punto I wish you a speedy and full recovery. My wee sister has just gone through the same recently. Stay strong and know that we are all here for each other x

@Punto I am so glad they caught it early and I pray you get to hear it’s all cleared .

I wish you a speedy recovery❤️