Losing a parent at 15

The confusion of it all makes you wonder if it really happened. Did those words really venture into this world? Is he really gone, never to be seen again? At 15, my world completely changed because of one single death. My world for just a moment stopped spinning, it felt more of an avalanche and earthquake kind of thing. What was I meant to do? How was I to feel? 15. A child who immediately became an adult. From that moment on, I knew I had to do what was right, whether that meant sacrificing my own childhood for that of my family.
I’m almost 24, oh how life can change and carry on without even thinking. I blink and it’s been 9 years already.

6 Likes

Hi,
Time goes so quickly doesn’t it?
It’s heartbreaking that you were and are still so young going through this.
Thinking of you
Deborah x

2 Likes

Hello @Loz_enge123 I think such a devastating loss at a young age definitely changes your perspective on life. My boys were 20 and just six when their Dad died ten years ago. The eldest is very aware of how much his very existence can alter so quickly. Losing his Dad so young made him realise how fragile and precious life is. He has packed in a lot of living in the past decade, travelling the world, establishing a career and settling down in a country thousands of miles away from home. I’m proud of how he has coped but I know he misses his Dad everyday. Best wishes to you, it’s a tough journey…xx