Losing a parent

My mum passed away in January this year. I had looked after her for 15 years and now I feel like I have no purpose and nothing to go on for. I am heartbroken I just don’t see how I can carry on. I want the world to stop .i think of her all day every day and how unfair this is I am so sad I just want the pain to stop.

4 Likes

Hi @Blue12
My Mum also passed away this January and I know exactly the feelings you describe.
Every day for me is an emptiness, a hollow in my life missing the person I loved more than anyone in this world.
Someone said to me that grief is a rollercoaster and you have to hold on, I try to focus on just one day at a time because I can’t look any further than that.
I just wanted you to know you’re not alone in feeling this way :heart: xx

1 Like

Hi just to let you know that what you are feeling is absolutely normal, I know that probably won’t make you feel any better but I also lost my mam in January and im feeling exactly the same. It’s not just one day at a time, sometimes it’s an hour at a time
Take care

I’m so sorry. It’s scary when you don’t feel a sense of purpose anymore, I feel that way too since losing my dad. I go on, by why… I haven’t the faintest clue. This forum is great, people are kind and so many can relate. We all struggle to cope with the pain and the emptiness. Posting and reading here has helped me and I hope it will help you. Take care. :heart:

1 Like

Hi, I too lost my mum in January, she was only 59. I have been in shock and denial ever since. I find this so confusing as I know what has happened, can say what’s happened and was there when it happened etc. I just really don’t want to believe it. I am struggling. I miss her more than I can describe and really don’t want to move forward in a life that doesn’t have her in it. I keep looking at pictures and thinking about conversations, time together and just think how can it be true that she is not here anymore.
My heart goes out to you all, I am so sorry that you are also facing this.

1 Like

Hi@stardust
I am trying to just deal with one day at a time it’s so hard. I am also having to sort out her affairs and also battling the housing association as they want to evict her grandson who was living with her so I have this added worry I feel I can’t grieve properly with all this going on

Hi Brooke I know exactly how you feel . I keep thinking that Mum is just away somewhere maybe in hospital or something I can’t believe this is true I wake up every day and it hits me as hard as the day she passed away. Me and her where inseparable we would do everything together I feel like I’ve lost a limb , everything is as trigger for me

1 Like

I totally get this. I feel like mum’s at home and then when I’m at her home I feel like she’s in hospital. It’s the body’s way of trying to protect ourselves from the pain and if thinking in that way helps even a little then why not… All we can do is take things a step at a time. There is no fix xx

1 Like