Losing a parntner

Going back to flat where I found my husband had passed away 6 weeks ago. I’m dreading it feel so much pain it’s indescribable. I have 2 lovely daughters and gorgeous grandchildren but I still feel alone.

Hello Ann, I understand how you feel and with Christmas looming it makes it feel all the more painful. You have your daughters and grandchildren so let them know how you feel and hope they will support you. There will be many strange and unreal feelings but just take one day at a time. Don’t plan too far ahead as none of us can see the future - we can only imagine it and we are often wrong. Six weeks is a very short time and your head will be all over the place but time will change things gradually. We don’t get over it, we go through it. Just remember, we may be missing our loved ones but they aren’t missing us because they haven’t left us. He will still be around you . Don’t forget to join us all and light a candle for our loved ones at 7pm on Christmas Eve. Take care.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your post. Your right everything is overwhelming anxiety sets in followed by tears. Sometimes I’m going to move sometimes I feel I can cope it’s such a rollercoaster.

Thank you for your reply’s makes me feel I’m not alone in this awful rollercoaster of a nightmare. Hoping everyday will improve in some way. I will be joining you all Christmas Eve to light a candle for our lovely partners who left us too soon.

I lost my Darling wife to Cancer 5 months ago she was only 51 & we have a 14 year old Daughter.
I just look at a photo of her & just shake my head realising she won’t be here this Christmas as we miss her so much.
She was diagnosed in aug 2019 with Metastatic breast cancer that had spread to the bones & later to her Liver.
The house is very lonely & cold without her. :broken_heart:

1 Like

So sorry for your loss.
Reading you reply is like looking in the mirror as it is just how I feel.
My wife past away in a hospice & every time I shut my eyes I can her last moments & I just can’t seem to shake them.
I got a phone call 12 hrs after loosing Tanya my wife that my Dad had suddenly passed away. :broken_heart::cry:

So sorry for your losses. Devastating isn’t it. I lost my sister 20th Nov brother 29th Nov and as if that wasn’t bad enough 9 days after that 8th Dec 2020 my husband died suddenly. Had stroke + 4 yrs ago. My families are supporting me even tho they have lost them too. A husband/wife I feel is particularly hard when been married 58yrs. The emptiness at home is the worst. Take care. We are going thru this together.

So Sorry for your loss.
I lost my wife age 51 to Metastatic Breast Cancer in July then I lost my Dad 12 hours later we have a 14 year old Daughter who I try to stay strong for but it is incredibly hard after so much heartbreak.
Take care & stay safe.