Losing a sister

Ive just lost my older sister and just feel so sad and numb

4 Likes

Hello @Shezza2 ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling sad and numb. I’m so sorry to hear about your sister. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

Hi, I lost my older ( and only ) sister exactly 12 months ago and I understand completely how you are feeling. It takes time for the shock to wear off as it sinks in that she has gone & the pain is like no other.
I think I am learning to live with it now and I wish I could help you more but my advice would be to reach out wherever you can, it helps to talk.
I hope you have good support around you, Im always here if you need a chat.
Sending you love and strength at this very difficult time.
Janine

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply im so sorry you lost your sister i have good surport around me just feel so heartbroken and i just feel lost in grief i know im lucky to have had her in my life and just feel so sad im just gonna take each day as it comes and let my emotions come out in tears or screams etc ive just got to go through the grief process

3 Likes

So sorry for your loss :pleading_face: It really is such a heartbreaking thing :broken_heart:

1 Like