Losing at a younger age

@Emz I agree I do think the charge is unfair.
I don’t know if it is something I will join later down the line when I’m (hopefully) more ready to go out

@Kel2 Yes the thought of having to start a new life is killing me but we all unfortunately have to do it. Just having to do everything without her; don’t think I’ll ever get over that. It’s a shame some of us aren’t near each other because it would be nice to get together as we all understand what we are going through, don’t know anyone who has lost a partner so is quite hard with friends as the full understanding isn’t there xx

1 Like

I agree, it would be nice to meet up with you on here - who do understand.
The new life is scary… I know my husband wouldn’t want me suffering as I am, I’m sure your wife wouldn’t want you to either … But it’s so difficult.
I will be getting a chain so I can wear my husband’s wedding ring.
I am also looking at a tribute tattoo for him (I do have tattoo’s) - my mum and a couple of others have tried to talk me out of it … ‘incase I met someone’ … my response has always been:

1. I won’t
  2. even if that did actually happen they should understand I have a passed and important people are part of that.

So many don’t understand, and honestly, would not wish this on anyone - but wish those who really do not understand would stop throwing their ideas of moving on at me.

Those that have done this, I do think - how will you cope? (I guess, at least I will know what they’re going through and will offer true support) xx

1 Like

Hi i have people that keeps telling me to move on his gone and nothing you do will bring him back plus they also keep saying do not think he would want you to be sad how do they know how it feels when they still have there soulmates makes me want to shut myself away from every one

4 Likes

Exactly! … I know he wouldn’t want me sad and struggling… (who would want their loved ones going through that?)

But … There are so many insensitive people it’s unreal and when you try to express how you’re feeling - that’s a mountain in itself - they distance themselves??
Now I will either (depending on the day) ignore or simply reply ok I think… If they truly were concerned, would double check you. Better by myself
X

2 Likes

WAY has been recommended to me too, im 48, but was gobsmacked that i had to pay 25 quid!! Think ill stick to this lovely forum with others tgat know what we are each going through.
Ive also thought of getting a tattoo. I couldn’t believe that boys dont get an engagement or eternity ring so i got him some tattoos. His eternity one was a celtic infinity tattoo, so thinking of a small infinity with a heart design.
Xx

1 Like

I do think it’s unfair that for the younger bereaved you have to pay for related groups.
I have found on here a great help and support - this one thread I think benefits most of us … Who knows can arrange our own ‘meet ups’ .
Your tattoo sounds a lovely idea, will this be your first tattoo?

1 Like

My second, i have butterfly on my left shoulder done many yrs ago, a rash decision on my part. This one will be more poignant and much more thought put into it. Not sure where to have it.

Do you have an image of the design you’re thinking? (May help on where to have)

We already had a ‘joint tattoo’ it’s an “abiagram” saying:
‘Soul’ one way & then ‘mate’ the other … that’s on my wrist, so thinking to continue on that arm (on the inner side)… But the idea in my mind at the moment I think will be too big

1 Like

Love your joint tattoo @Kel2

1 Like

Thank you … We really love it… didn’t want to get names, but something for us.

That’s lovely! - love it!
Depending on your tattoo artist (they will have a better idea)
Maybe your wrist, forearm? … That way ( most people at some point - usually through the night) bring their arm across their chest … This will be held across your heart? x

I dont think it will involve names or dates but love the idea of arm across the chest. Thanks for that idea @Kel2

1 Like

You’re welcome :blush: x

1 Like