Losing both parents

Hi everyone, new to the site.
I lost my Dad end Oct 23 and then Mum died day after Dads funeral Nov 11 23.
Ive never had to deal with anything on this scale and am finding everyday a struggle. Im lucky in some ways as my sister and I are very close and a great support for each other but how do i go on day to day. Xx

5 Likes

Hello @Julie221,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your parents that brings you here. It’s understandable you’re finding things a struggle losing both your parents so close together.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

I’m glad you have the support of your sister. I really hope you find the community to be a support to you too. Take care and keep reaching out - you are not alone.

Seaneen

1 Like

Im sorry for your loss and know exactly what you are going through. My dad died suddenly walking the dog oct 2023 and i moved in straight away with mum who had later stages alziemahs . 74 days later she died after she decided she wanted to die after realising he had died. Asking me to shoot her etc. refusing to eat or take her pills. It was heartbreaking to watch her. Im now still living in their house completely lost . I dont know who to talk too

1 Like

So sorry about your loss of your mum and dad , my mum passed 9 weeks ago aged 97 , she also had late stage alltzimers , it’s the most dreadful illness , my thoughts are with you

1 Like