Losing both parents

I’ve lost both of my parents within 6 years, I’m only 28 and I feel like I’m so lost and alone in the world now. Everything seems to be overwhelming and I can’t figure out how to process the loss of them. I feel like losing my mom (recently) means I’m grieving for both all over again as it’s dragged up so many feelings from when I lost my dad.

feeling very hopeless and looking for support and ways to cope x

3 Likes

Hello @Castiel12 ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling lost and alone. I’m so sorry to hear about your parents and losing them close together is devastating for you. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

I am so sorry for your loss , its heartbreaking when we loose our parents. I am in a very similar situation to you . I lost my Dad very unexpectedly in December and my Mum just 2 weeks ago again very unexpectedly. I had not even began to grief for my Dad and now I have to begin to grief for my Mum too. Please try and be gentle on you and take each day as it comes , there is no right or wrong way just do what you need to do to try and help you through the days. Know your not alone and there is always someone here that will talk, I have found talking on here helps even if its just writting down my feelings. If you would like to chat in private pop me a message , take care

1 Like

Hi @Castiel12 I get how you feel :frowning: sorry to hear about your parents, and losing them at your young age. I lost my mum recently, she’s the only parent I’ve ever had, and at 32 I feel so alone and scared and daunted for the rest of my (potentially long) life without her. I don’t know how we go on, apart from the fact we must, and try and think about them and what they would want for us - they would want the best for us, for us to try and find happiness and to continue and make them proud. But I understand it’s very hard to find the motivation when we miss them so much. Here if you need to talk x