Losing dad

I lost my dad to lung cancer in December of last year he was diagnosed in the October but deteriorated quickly which was painful to see dad and I lived together and we have no other family I wasn’t prepared to lose him so quickly last month I scattered some of his ashes in Llandudno where we used to visit on trips he loved the seaside walking up to the pier i got really upset it was the first time with out him I felt so lonely the next day I didn’t want to get out of bed I felt so lonely as I am writing this I am crying I have good friends but that doesn’t stop me feeling lonely I am grateful that I work as it gets me out and talking to people

1 Like

Hi @Jackie35,

Welcome to the community, and thank you for reaching out and sharing your feelings. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad and how lonely you’re feeling. Scattering our loved ones ashes can be a big step and it’s understandable you would be feeling so upset.

In case they might be helpful, I wanted to share some of our resources with you. Our bereavement information pages can walk you through some of the feelings you might be experiencing.

Our recently launched Grief Self-Help Service provides articles and interactive tools to help you cope with grief.

Please do keep reaching out to us here - you’re not alone.

Take care
Seaneen
Online Community Manager