Losing everyone

My dad died several years ago, since then I lost 3 best friends, 1 to cancer, one I found dead in her home and one murdered. My mother has been in a home for 3 years with alzheimers and is expected to die at any time. After that I have been feeling that at least I still have my aunt, all other relatives already gone. Today I heard my aunt has been taken ill suddenly and will not survive more than a few days. I am single and have been looking up how to cope with this, everywhere says reach out to your support network.
I don’t have a support network . I came back to this country at the start of covid after living abroad for 12 years. I have no long standing friends here, just 1 friend I’ve only known for a few months. I don’t know how to do this.

2 Likes

Hello Alison,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about all of the losses you have experienced, and how you are feeling; it must be so hard particularly when you don’t have a strong support network.

Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

You may also find the information pages on our website helpful - if you have a spare few minutes, please do take a look: https://www.sueryder.org/how-we-can-help/bereavement-information.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please do keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Susannah

1 Like