Losing hubby

Hi, joined this am, lm classed as a young widow some of you had been married longer than my age which is a compliment to yourselves. I was married for 18.5 years together for 22 years, my hubby passed away in october no children together but stepchildren all live away from home, yesterday everything hit me so hard, l had a lot of breavement last year but at the beginning of the year didnt expect him to go,diagnosed with terminal illness on our wedding anniversary. Am like a lot of yourselves lonely,sad,tearful,and none of my friends can relate I’m the first to go through this, and four months later left alone because l feel if l talk about it it gets very waring to them.
Reading some of your comments doesn’t matter how many years we are going through the same grief

Hi Rocco. I’m so sorry you have had to join us here. You are right that grief is no respecter of age, circumstances or anything much else for that matter. We are all in despair but you will find friends here who understand your pain and will support you and each other so please come back as often as you need.
Thinking of you.
Ann x

Thankyou Ann, lt would be nice to chat with people, who go through same, feel the same, l have read your home post and it seem our husbands passed away due to the Big C, horrible illness, so am thinking of you to x

1 Like

Shelia, Thank you, l have two sons both very good and busy, we talk but l dont tell them how l feel, on sunday l was out with my niece and all of a sudden l felt so low and tearful, l actually told her to get out my car, l was outside her house,and just drove off crying got home and havent really stopped, she realised l was having a really bad day, and l knew l had to reach out to something somebody,my sister was great yesterday but admits she just doesn’t know how l feel, my mum passed away at 57 cancer, same has dad, brother died 13 years ago, my mother in law is not around really for me, without being nasty if you say something her pain is always greater,
I do love the fact most people have been married for years, sounds like fairytales, but under no illusions, it is just closing the door and no-one there, l have a good bond with my grand daughter but shes 8 and saving for a ladder to heaven, l will gladly listen to her and cry with her but thats for her benefit, but lovely she will never forget her grandad
Take care Karen x

Hi Rocco
I’m so sorry for your loss, my husband Jack died on 6th December 2017 a week after I’d been told he had terminal liver cancer which had spread, and nothing more could be done. I didn’t do cards or presents for Christmas, It’s so true as everyone here says, it doesn’t matter how long you are together the grief is the same. I miss him so much, it’s very frightening being here all alone. I’m not coping very well at all, I joined this forum and it does help to be in touch with others who understand. I’m thinking of you and everyone who is going through this heartache. Keep in touch warm regards.

Janet x

Thankyou Sheila,congratulations on new grandson, and pleased you went out to meet up with them.l went to help make cakes with my great nephew, his daddies big 30th tomorrow, he ate most of them but he really does lift my spirits, l will talk about hubby he was a kind man and l know he loved and thought the world of me,even in the week he passed he was getting things in place so l wouldnt have to deal with things(little did he know)but know this is a big hurdle to get over however long it takes
Thankyou for your kind words,and same back you can pm me anytimexxxxx

Thankyou Janet,only been on site for 24 hrs but lovely response from others in same situation, together we will all come to some peace of mind x