losing mum.

Hello everyone. Happy Christmas to you all even though we are all finding it hard to celebrate Christmas without our loved one. My much loved mum died on 19th December 2018 age 88. She always worried about me because of my poor health and worried about how I wouldn’t cope once she had died which is so true. For 4 years I have cried so much. I have had bereavement counselling which hasn’t helped as each time I have only had 3 sessions when I should have had 6. So waiting to hear from Sue Ryder counselling assessment. I hope that this time I can have their support as not had suicidal thoughts now for the last 3 months.

2 Likes

Hello @NoreenRuth,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hello

Terribly sorry to read what you have written - I can really sympathise as I lost my Mum this year at the end of April and I can honestly say, it is the worst, it really is. It’s such a profound thing to lose one’s mother and I bet your Mum was amazing, like mine.

You MUST get some help Noreen because it’s a while now to still be feeling so bad and I wish I could say something to you to help and make you feel a bit more hopeful. Have you felt that others haven’t been as supportive as they perhaps could have been? This is how I feel and it can make you feel alone and helpless.

Keep reading stuff here and I have also been looking at What’s Your Grief which is a website with long and meaningful information posted - check it out and above all, DO get some professional support.

Wishing you the very best
Love Sandra x

1 Like