Losing Mum

Hi everyone,

I’m new here and am just trying to find a new way to deal with things. My mum died 8 years ago, and for some reason I can’t seem to shift the grief. I was 10 when my Mum died and because it happened so young I struggle to find people in a similar situation as me. I get sad about things like the fact she never saw me into secondary school, college or university. She’ll never get to meet my children or be at my wedding. I find it difficult to talk to people about these things as a lot of the time I meet people who haven’t lost a parent as young as I did so don’t experience the same emotions.

At the minute in particular, I’m finding it difficult to separate emotions. I can’t be upset about one thing without the emotion of missing mum still being there. I find myself being stressed about one thing but then end up crying about my mum still.

I’ve been through the anger, the denial, the depression, all stages of grief and I thought I was through it. But more recently I have found myself getting sad again when I thought I was through it all. After 8 years, surely I should be okay? All my family seem to be okay.

I don’t know, I guess I’m just looking for people to relate to really.

Thanks, Lauren XX