Losing mum

I lost mum back in January. She was 95 Cancer and dementia, been bed bound for 4 years. Mum had carers, 4 times a day, but I visited for the weekend, every other weekend, some time every week end/long weekend.for first 6week, I cleared the house, arranged cremation, probate, estate agents,etc. then begining of march, it hit me. Hard. Lost interest and enthusiasm in everything and anything. ( IV outlived all my 3 sisters my brother, dad, now mum.). Her house,that was my second home, has sold, awaiting probate. I have none to remenis with, like the last 50 years of family memories have been archived. I live and work on my own. Hate feeling this down, and unhappy. Battling drinking, life seems pointless. Had a customer, on Tuesday,ask, “you over mum, now?” . It’s not even, 3 months, really struggling. Sorry to vent, proper lost my purpose in life…

1 Like

Hello @Captsplash ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are really struggling. I’m so sorry to hear about all your losses, this is devastating for you. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also find the following helpful - What’s your grief? Understanding Grief, Alcohol and Your Brain: Understanding Grief, Alcohol and Your Brain - Whats your Grief

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

Hi Captslash,
I know how you feel. My mum passed Dec 2022 aged 89. I too have sold her house in fact last week and feel I have nowhere to go now
It’s a hard journey bro travel for sure and you need to give yourself time. It will be tough going but take small steps each day planning small things to do daily. You just have to get through each day somehow.
Keep posting on here Others will help and support you and soon you will not feel so alone
Deborah

1 Like