Losing mum.

I lost my mum on Christmas Eve last year. I am still struggling to come to terms with the loss of h*er. I have never spent more than two weeks apart from her in my life. She and I were best friends and although I still have my dad, he has dementia and I’m his full time carer. I am having to parent him. I feel like a lost little girl. I’m 47! All the firsts are brutal. It is mums birthday in august and I’m beside myself. I keep going to ring her and tell her things, forgetting she’s not here anymore then I just break down. *
*I am waiting for grief counselling but I thought I would reach out to people that understand. *
I am the one that helps people and asking for myself is very unsettling for me.

2 Likes

Hi @Becky206 so sorry for your loss. You will find this site hard at times; uplifting at times and dare I say it, amusing at times. People here listen, dont judge and are a nice ear when things get too much.
Post away, nothing is too trivial, nothing is too small. Take care x

4 Likes

I understand I am different in the sense I didn’t have a close relationship to my mother like you did, but I really resonate with having to keep reminding myself she isn’t around anymore. It’s hard to feel like there is no one to turn to. I wish there was something I could say to make anything better. I suppose I wouldn’t be part of this group if I knew the right words.
But I do understand the great loss the people we love leave. I’m a message away, should you ever need it x

2 Likes