Losing my 34 year old.

Hi Ian, thank you, Scott would be angry at me for having suicidal thoughts and concerned ive not been eating. I haven’t drank today and I managed a small meal.
I’ve lay on sofa all day watching TV and sleeping but his friend posted on facebook about how beautiful the funeral was and I could feel my heartbreaking again. I cant begin to imagine smiling or feeling any enjoyment at anything.
I do really and honestly thank you for your support when your heart is breaking for your boy too.
Ruby xxx

Sending you lots of strength @Rubytuesday911, I’m really sorry to hear about your son. I can hear how much he means to you and it’s understandable to hear how you’re feeling. I wanted to check in and ask how you’re feeling today?

You mentioned that you’re having suicidal thoughts, it sounds like you’re really struggling at the moment. If you ever feel these thoughts are getting too much or difficult to manage, there are lots of support services out there to help you through this. I’ve listed a few options below:

• Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text Shout to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
  • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • If you have any concerns for your health or safety, call 999.

You also mentioned that you’ve been struggling a bit with alcohol and you feel it’s your only way to escape. The NHS has lots of information online about the support available if you feel drinking is causing you any problems - https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/alcohol-support/

I hope these are helpful, keep reaching out to us and let us know how you’re feeling. We’re all going to be here to support you every step of the way.

Thank you for that, im not doing great but im not thinking about suicide so much, I know my boy would have been so angry with me.
A friend came for a walk with me and my dog yesterday but today I’ve just want to stay in bed and not talk to anywhere.
I did drink last night as I just needed to sleep.
Tomorrow we are scattering his ashes which I think will be hard.
Thank you

1 Like

Hi ruby
That’s why we are on here to support each other, I know it’s hard To think that we can have any thought of a life after what we are going through, but I keep telling myself Michael wouldn’t want this he would want us to carry on and am sure your boy would want the same for you…but I know exactly what you are going through all we can do is take each day at a time…it’s been 9 weeks for michael on Saturday I am starting to smile and talk more but still very hard but I know I will never forget him, I talk to him every day which helps a lot, I feel blessed that I had him for 38 years and hope he watching over us all and once this COVID crap is over I am going to see a medi