Losing my beloved daughter

My daughter died last November, she was just 40. She was diagnosed in july with stage 4 bowel cancer which had spread to the liver.
She left behind 2 small boys aged 6 and 4 both autistic.
She was my best friend and i miss her so much, i feel her loss is getting worse not better.

2 Likes

Hello @Babs12,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

Sorry for the loss of your daughter Babs

Thank you Plumber. Xx

1 Like

Hi Babs so sorry for the loss of your daughter I know exactly how you are feeling my daughter was 25 when she died from breast cancer which very quickly turns to stage 4 liver cancer it was Very aggressive. She to leaves a little boy Theo who is 4. Yrs old. I’m still going through all different emotions each day is different some days I don’t want to wake up and I struggle through the day but I have to keep going as I have other daughters and grandkids. But Leah was my baby of my other girls. It’s heartbreaking but I still fight on. And one day I hope this pain will ease for us all take care. Love shellyanne XX :heart:

I am so sorry. So very sad. How we cope i dont really know but i wasnt given a choice so we have too dont we.
I miss her every day and i agree, some days i dont cope, like yesterday, i went home from work as got so upset, i know alot of people where i work who are getting to hear about her passing away and they talk to me about it and i cant cope with it.
Hope it gets easier in time.xx