Losing my Brother

Hi everyone,

I lost my brother in January 2021 and I’m finding it really difficult. I am struggling to find the right support. Constantly feeling down and/or depressed. I don’t know what to do with my life anymore. I miss my brother so much. He was 27 when he passed away.

Thank you for reading/listening x

3 Likes

Hello @Type1Diabetic2017 ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling down and depressed. I’m so sorry to hear about your brother, and that you are struggling to find the right support. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to have a look at this Sue Ryder Article, take a read when you feel ready. - https://www.sueryder.org/how-we-can-help/bereavement-information/experiencing-loss/sibling

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex

How awful to lose such a young man. I feel for you. It is so hard to lose our siblings . Take care of yourself.

3 Likes

Hi I lost my only brother over a year ago. He took his life when his partner died. A friend said to try and move on. Seriously wrong thing to say. Cold comments do not help. I cannot absorb this. The family is left in bits. Nobody knows the utter feeling of hopeless until it happens to them.

So sorry for you loss there’s not much anyone can say to take that pain away . I lost my sister in January aged 55 I also am struggling to cope let’s hope one day we will get the help we need take care