Losing my children

Hi over the last 5 years I have lost 3 children, my eldest daughter was 29 when her and her husband died in a car crash 5 yrs ago , my youngest daughter took her own life aged 23, 17 months ago and my youngest son age 28 who had autism took his own life this week… I struggle to function on a daily basis… I don’t even really know why I’m on here as I don’t really like sympathy… I know keeping my emotions locked in is not healthy and it’s making me ill…

2 Likes

Hello @nanette ,

I can see that you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your children that brings you here.

You say you are feeling like daily life is a struggle. What you are going through is so devastating and I can understand why you are finding it difficult to function. I wanted to share some sources of support that might help you right now.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help you cope with grief.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.
Take care,

Alex

1 Like

Hi Nanette.
My daughter age 19 who was Autistic took her own life last year. She was so special and a lovely kind and clever daughter. She had her struggles but deep down wanted to live.
I can’t imagine what you are going through. The last year has been a real struggle and it’s just an existence for me now not a life. But I do hear from other people in similar situations, eventually things do get easier. Xx

1 Like

Hello Nanette - I am sending you my love, my strength and the hope that you will receive some hope and understanding from the forum . I cannot imagine how you have coped loosing three beloved children, I lost two boys and have been devastated . You need as much support as you can and hope that you have and can be offered more than just counselling , I was offered a psychologist and it has been a lifesaver for me. I will be thinking of you and will always be here if needed ,xx

1 Like