Losing my cousin/more like a sister

I lost my cousin who’s been more like a sister that I have never had in may 2024, and deep down I’m struggling to come to terms with the realisation she is no longer here, she’s been my rock, the one I’ve always told my problems too and she’s helped to resolve them.

1 Like

Hello @Shaan,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community. I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling following the loss of your cousin in May. It sounds like you were so close to her - struggling to come to terms with her not being around is completely understandable.

Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through. I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I also wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

It’s still such early days for you so please take care of yourself and know that you’re not alone.

Keep reaching out,
Megan

Hi @Shaan im sorry for your loss. Grief is a complex thing. It will take time, please if you ever need to talk to someone im here. Please dont ever bottle up your feelings 🩷