Losing my Dad in lockdown

Hello
In May 2020 my Dad got diagnosed with cancer, we never knew where it was or what type of cancer it was. We got told he had terminal cancer with months to live. On the 20th june 2020 my Dad lost his fight with cancer. We only had a few weeks with him.
I just feel so sad and so alone I have my family and a couple of friends. I just feel like no one understands what I’m going through and I feel so alone. Does anyone else feel like this?
I still keep thinking he’s just going to walk through the door.
I’m ok for a few days and then I just feel so sad and can’t stop crying.

Hi Alix,

Losing a parent that you love dearly is one of the worst things that can happen to you. Lots of us here know exactly what you’re going through, so you have definitely come to the correct place, as here you will find people who will walk with you every step of the way through your journey of grief because we unfortunately have had to walk it ourselves.

Hello Abdullah

Thank you for your reply. I think I am just coming to terms with my Dads death I think I have been in denial and trying to keep busy but I have to face things and talk to people who know and understand.

Yes, Alix, that is what a lot of people do, just try and keep busy, but then the delayed grief hits them because they realise that there is only so much you can do to keep busy. It’s a very difficult situation you’re in but please know you’re not alone, there are people here to help you, and if required, you can sign up for free online bereavement counselling with Sue Ryder or over the phone with Cruse.

Hi my story is like yours ,my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer in January and told he had 2 years ,in February he was told he had 2 weeks and he died under the 2 weeks at home he was only 57 . I have had bereavement counselling on the phone ,but just want to talk to someone who is going through the same grief experience as me .
I am 18

Hi
I’m so sorry I know what your going through.
I’ve not had bereavement counselling yet. If you want to talk I’m here I don’t really have anyone only my family. My friends don’t know what I’m going through ad they have not experienced this.

Hi
Thank you for your reply . I am sorry about your dad to . It will be lovely to chat. Chat soon . Rebecca

1 Like