Losing my dad

Well it’s been 10 weeks now since I lost my dad. He died on the bus coming home from work. Saw it on the worcester news before we knew ourselves. Miss him so much. Everyday is a struggle. And my partner thinks it’s best to go to work. I work at the hospital. ( Receptionist) it’s very hard to put a smile on. I’m holding a lot of tears back. And my doctor has signed me off work. I feel I’m getting worse as my dreams at night are just about my dad’s funeral. And when I saw him in resus. Broke my heart. ( Everyday) just taking each day. I send so much love to each and everyone on here. It’s very hard to even write on here. But they say to talk it out.
Thank you for reading. :heart:

1 Like

hi Kimberly
very sorry that you’ve lost your dad you need to do what feels best for you,.hope you can find ways to cope and that your partner and family support you.
regards
ian

1 Like

Hi Kimberley
It must have been awful learning about your dad on the local news. Really traumatic.
10 weeks us still such early days and of course just a couple of months before xmas even worse.
It will be an unbelievable 7 months tomorrow since my lovely mum had an out of the blue brain hemorrhage and died within hours. Life has completely changed for me.
I was signed off work for the first 12 weeks as I really couldn’t function. I then spent a couple of months slowly building up my hours and confidence again.
I wasnt fully back at work until 6 months after my mum died and if I hadn’t had that I wouldn’t be back functioning as well as I am today.
I’m not going to lie. I spend every waking minute if every day thinking about her and often find myself shaking my head in disbelief that she has gone.
I also still cry regularly so this is a long process to get through.
Still keep taking each day as it comes. It’s still early days for you. Dont forget that.
Cheryl x

1 Like

Kimberly, I’m so sorry for your loss and what a awful way to find out.
I’m glad you’ve found this forum, as there is a truly lovely group of people on here.
My Mum passed away suddenly just over 3 months ago from pneumonia and a heart attack. The shock is still with me. I wonder if I will ever get used to it.
Sending a hug to you, as I know it’s not easy.

1 Like

Hi cheryl.
I’m so sorry for your lost too. It’s extremely hard to do anything with your life when you know you’ve lost that someone so close to your heart.
I’m trying with work but it’s no good. It’s the shock of it mostly. I wake up and say straight away I have no dad. I hated the paper for doing that. And the comments broke my heart saying it must of been the smell. :frowning: I know my dad is looking down at me. And I talk to him everyday. Sending big hugs to you. I know how you feel. Here if you need to chat more. To anyone on here.

Kim x

Thanks Kim. You too x