Losing my dad

My dad sadly passed away last week after being told 8 days previously that his previously controlled prostate cancer had spread to his liver, lungs and his skull. He fell asleep 2’days after this bombshell and never really woke up. He was only admitted to the hospice to sort his meds out, or so we naively thought. We had to fight to get him seen to and I’m so angry.
Thanks for allowing me to rant
Sara

2 Likes

Hi Sara, I am so sorry for your loss. You have every right to have a rant and be angry, it has only been a week, and anger is what many people feel in the early days of grief, especially when they feel they have been failed by health professionals, as you were. Do you have any friends and family to help you through this awful time?

1 Like

Sartiff,
I’m sorry to ear you lost your Dad. It must be a terrible shock. Take care.

1 Like

@Sartiff Hi Sara, so sorry for the loss of your dad. I can completely understand you being angry at the medical professionals. I felt/feel the same way too at times. My Mum saw medical professionals 2days before she died as she was due to have chemo, she even saw her consultant but although they said she was too ill to have it , they didn’t pick up on anything despite her oxygen levels being very low. They didn’t suggest anything at all and just said to come back in 2 weeks to try again! She died 2days later! It really must have been a terrible shock for you. Do you have anyone to talk to such as family and friends? Or do talk on here if it helps x

1 Like

Hi sartiff.im So sorry to hear about yr dad passing. Absolutely terrible how you had to fight to get him seen. Bless you take care x

1 Like

I am sorry for your loss. This happened to my grandad and he lasted another 8 was in the hospice until his body gave up x

1 Like

Thank you Marie .
So sorry to hear about your grandad. So sad. Hope yr ok take care x