Losing my dad

I lost my dad on March 12th 2018. He died of asbestosis. I was with him when he died. I still have flashbacks to when he died and suffer from depression and anxiety. I lost my cat, my dads parents and my fiance brother in the last 2 years. I had to sell my house too so its been a horrible time.

DearJ2ohunny,

You have had so much to cope with in the last few years. I think anyone on here will understand that you are struggling with the losses you have suffered. It must be really upsetting to have those flashbacks. It is something that quite a few people have mentioned in heir posts. If you type ‘flashbacks’ in the search option (looking glass in the top right corner) you can find those posts. Some may contain helpful tips.

Have you sought help from GP for you depression and anxiety? If not, that could be a good point to start or you could consider bereavement counseling from either Sue Rider or Cruse.
It is good that you have come to this site. I hope that you find it helpful to read other people’s posts.

Jo

Thank you. I have seen my doctor about depression and anxiety and was given anti depressants but had to stop taking them due to the side effects. I have seen therapists but need to get in touch with a grief counsellor.